Information We Collect About You
The Application enables you to enter our photo and video contests and/or promotions in a reliable and convenient manner and share your entry with the other users of Facebook. In order to facilitate the smooth operation of our promotions, the Application may collect personal information and content that was provided by you or other users to Facebook or was associated by Facebook with a particular user (“Facebook Information”). When you use the Application, we may collect any Facebook Information you have made visible to “Everyone” on Facebook as well as the information Facebook designates as your publicly available information. This includes your:
- Profile picture
- Current city
- Friend list
When first using the Application, you will also be asked to grant us access to additional Facebook Information that you are allowed to share under Facebook’s policies. Currently, we ask that you share all information that you are allowed to share under Facebook policies. This information includes:
- Your contact information, including your email address, phone number and mailing address
- Items you have “liked”
- Your profile information
- Posts in your newsfeed
- Photos and videos you have uploaded to Facebook
- Your calendar of events
- Your custom friend lists
- Your online presence
- Your “check-ins” and friends’ “check-ins”
- Your family members and relationship details and status
- Information about your friends
Even if you have not explicitly allowed us access to any of your Facebook Information, we may collect information about you when your friends on Facebook allow access to and use the Application, subject to your Facebook settings. We may also send you emails and post on your Facebook Wall in connection with your use of the Application. In addition to the Facebook Information, we may collect information we receive from you in connection with your requests for customer support, your user feedback or other communications you direct to us. Any such information will be treated in the same manner as Facebook Information.
Information We Collect When You Access the Application on a Mobile Device
When you use the Application on your mobile telephone or other mobile device, we collect your unique device identifier, IP address and your location (“Mobile Information” and together with Facebook Information “User Information”).
Mobile Log-In Information
To log into the Application, you must input your email address and Facebook password. This Facebook login information is collected directly by Facebook as part of the login process and does not pass through our servers.
How We Use Your User Information
The Company will only use your User Information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use the Application to use/participate in any video and photo contests and/or promotions that we hold on our Facebook page (s)
- To enable you and other users of the Application to share your activity on the Application and any content you may upload and share, provided that your User
- Information will only be accessible in aggregate form, anonymized form, or after removing you and your Facebook friends’ names, photos, videos and contact information
- If your Facebook privacy settings allow such access, to enable your friends to use the Application to vote for your entry or look at content uploaded
- To post on your Wall or to send you emails regarding your use of the Application
- To provide technical support and to respond to your inquiries
- To communicate about new features or promotions of the Service
- To solicit your feedback to improve the Service and your experience using it
- To administer and improve the Application
- To keep track of your activity patterns, preferences and location in order to improve the level of service you receive from the Application (we may use your Mobile Information for this purpose)
- To promote the Application and other products and services of ours and our affiliates, including in private and publicly available product demonstrations and in communications with social media partners, media outlets and other third parties, provided that your User Information will only be used in such promotions in aggregate form, anonymized form, or after removing you and your Facebook friends’ names, photos, videos and contact information
We will not sell your personally identifiable User Information to advertisers or spammers.
How We Share Your User Information
We may share your User Information in the following cases:
With Affiliates and Third-Party Service Providers: We may disclose your User Information and content submissions to our affiliates and third-party service providers to the extent permitted by Facebook. Except as otherwise set forth in this section, we will only share your User Information with any such parties in connection with the administration of the Application or for the purpose of improving your experience with the Application. Third party service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose your User Information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
With Your Consent: We may share your User Information and content with other third parties with your consent.
As Required by Law: We may disclose any User Information and content submissions we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
To Prevent Harm or Loss: We may disclose User Information and content submissions when we believe, in our sole discretion, disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
We will not provide personally identifiable User Information to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services to you, but we do not control and are not responsible for Facebook’s own use of content and information it collects in relation to this Service.
How We Protect Your User Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the User Information that we collect about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. While we cannot guarantee that no accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use of your information will occur, we try to prevent such occurrences.
Transfers of User Information to Other Countries
The Company uses databases located in different jurisdictions. We may transfer User Information we collect about you to our databases outside your country of residence. Even if the laws in the country to which the information is transferred do not require us to provide adequate protection for your data, we will nevertheless seek to ensure that information transferred to such country is adequately protected.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You may stop the Application from using your User Information at any time by (i) uninstalling the Facebook Application and setting your Facebook privacy settings to prevent the Application from accessing your Facebook Information through your friends or (ii) by deleting your Facebook account. Subject to applicable law, we provide you with access to the User Information and content we have retained about you and the ability to review, correct, update, block or delete the information where it is inaccurate. Subject to applicable law, we may limit or deny access to your User Information where providing such access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances. Please submit your request to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
Questions or comments submitted through other means, such as Wall posts, may not be received or addressed.